March 14, 2017

Hey, It's Okay



Yup, It's Tuesday (again) and Hey, It's Okay! Remember Airing My Laundry got the idea from Glamour magazine.

It's good to have at least one day a week to shrug one's shoulders and say, "Hey, It's Okay!" Though, I have to admit there has been a Tuesday, now and then, when I've screamed, "Hey, It's Okay!" but Hey, it's okay!

Hey, It's Okay:

1, That my daughter and her family are experiencing their first Nor'easter since moving to the east coast. It's a great chance for Netflix marathon or board games in candlelight.

2. Some of our best times when the kids were growing up were nights without electricity, playing games with candles burning and camping lanterns.

3. That my new windowshield is sporting a couple of dead bugs and pollen, at least the crack is gone!

4. That painting brick was the ultimate in tedious because the payoff is more than worth it.



5. That the first gray we picked just didn't work for the walls, so we picked a shade just a tad darker.

Going with the darker gray on right side of fireplace  (Lazy Gray/Sherwin Williams)

6. That the trees the City of Redding planted everywhere smell like cat urine when in bloom. They are in full bloom, everywhere, and it makes the city beautiful...just hold your breath.

7. That I am not the neatest painter and couldn't get the white paint off the bottom of my feet.

8. That my dining room table is covered with books, do-dads and random art and we haven't sat down to a meal for a month...isn't that what the bar in the kitchen is for?

9. That Frank kicked my butt at Jeopardy last night but I'm expecting a remarkable comeback tonight! (Anyone know how I can watch  eastern or central time zone shows ?)

Happy Tuesday, everyone! Make it a good one!



16 comments:

  1. the fireplace looks nice! crack open another bottle of wine to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Bottle open and my cup runneth over!

      Delete
  2. Your painted brickwork is gorgeous! Really refreshed everything. And I like your Jeopardy strategy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The rooms are even light in the dark!

      Delete
  3. Toni, I just found your blog and want to thank you for your comment. A fellow artist I see! I shall return!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit. I'll be checking in on your blog, too.

      Delete
  4. Better than OK on the he fireplace. It looks great.

    The nor-Easter was a pain but not as bad as they predicted - at least around me. Predicted: 16", what happened: 6".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear the storm wasn't as bad as expected. Still, 6" of snow can build some pretty good banks when blown about by the snow.

      Thanks for the comment on the fireplace. I'm so glad it doesn't look like a giant locomotive stalled between living room and family room now!

      Delete
  5. Love the brick! Nice job.. :-)

    "Some of our best times when the kids were growing up were nights without electricity, playing games with candles burning and camping lanterns." Just love this memory!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The brick come out great! I admire you effort. That is something that takes a lot of patience --- and perhaps a few bad words :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I even made up a couple of bad words. They'll be able to add 'Wordsmith" to my obituary!

      Delete
  7. We live in New England & had that Nor'Easter the other day. We didn't get as much snow as they thought we would. That's so nice that you have flowers. I miss seeing flowers & grass. Stopping by from the Hey, It's okay link up.
    http://therantingsofadramaqueensmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting.

      We are surrounded by flowers and blossoms. Almond trees, peach trees, plum trees, daffodils, crocus, tulips, mountain violets, bright orange poppies and spring wildflowers all along the back roads. Heavenly!

      Delete
  8. I am a rather terrible painter!

    I stink at Jeopardy.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Please but Play Nice!